Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just a reminder

Hello! I have a lot of weddings coming up in the next couple of months, and I just wanted to give the future bride and groom a reminder! Please remember there is an exclusive photographer clause in your contract!! I recently photographed a wedding where there were a couple of guests who were also taking pictures (with professional equipment). The problem was not that they were there taking pictures, it was that they were in my way constantly! One even tried to take over a pose and I let her do it and then went about my business. I was literally tripping over them and bumping into them. It interferes with my work and makes my job very difficult when I need to try to stay out of their way and make sure they are not using a flash at the same time I am. Normally, I say the more the merrier and appreciate that there is someone else there to capture moments that I can't, but it is just plain rude to interfere and constantly be in the way. I did not want to be rude in return, so I didn't say anything, but I am wishing I would have. There were several shots that had to be deleted because of interference from them. I have had several weddings where other photographers were guests, and they usually ask if it's okay and I love to have them there, once they know what will and won't interfere with me doing my job. If you are a guest at a wedding, PLEASE be respectful for all of the people hired to perform a role at the wedding. Please respect their space and allow them to do their jobs! It will make a much more pleasant situation for everyone.

And I couldn't post without a picture! Here are a couple of Ryleigh's first time meeting my grandparents, her great grandparents!






1 comments:

Jenny Bedard said...

Way to stand up for yourself.. You have every right to be upset!!! I hope they read your blog =)

I love the shot with your grandpa's hand and her feet!

Hope you are feeling better. SOrry you had such a frustrating day yesterday. =(