Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know I am a little late, please forgive me! I have been thinking about just how much things have changed in the past year. We finally had the wedding we spent years planning, we moved back into our home, there is a new baby coming in just six weeks, and my oh my have our children grown.

Mady is the most creative child I have ever met. She does "commercials" for products around the house, puts on performances for us on "stage" (directly in front of the tv of course!), and she loves to draw. I am embarrassed to admit that she can draw better than I can! She is so motherly towards Leighton, and is so excited for her new baby sister it seems like an obsession somedays! She has such a big heart, and has finally learned how to get whatever she wants from her daddy! She has also become quite dramatic, and makes me laugh every single day.

Leighton has grown by leaps and bounds. His vocabulary has increased dramatically and he says the sweetest things. He still carries his blankie everywhere and has a new found love of trains! He is becoming more of a "boy" everyday. He is potty trained, and has done very well. We were a little nervous with all the horror stories about training boys, but he did great. He loves to cuddle, and has officially declared my lap his spot. He could spend all day there if I'd let him. He also claims he is his dad's favorite and has to list everyone he loves everyday. The list even includes our pet mice and goldfish! Although he loves to wrestle, play cars, and do everything a little boy should, he is very sensitive! He hates getting dirty, loves to play babies and dress up, and even clean the house! He too cannot wait for his baby sister, and pretends to feel her kicking everyday.

All that rambling I guess is me simply reflecting on the new year ahead. I can't help but wonder what changes are in store for my family. It was Mady's first day back to preschool after Christmas break. She couldn't wait to go back, and Leighton and I spent the afternoon reading, playing trains, and wrestling. I will post pictures of our afternoon together! I love the black and white, but had to post a few in color so you could see just how sparkly his eyes are today without touching them in photoshop! I hope you all have a wonderful 2008!













0 comments: