Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Why?

Why is it that when your babies feel sick you feel worse than they do? Not physically worse, but emotionally. Ryleigh has had a cold for a while, and this morning it progressed into something much worse. Her cough became unbearable for her and for me. She was absolutely miserable so straight into her pediatricians office we went. She was born with pneumonia and that makes her much more prone to getting it as she grows up. Her cold developed into some severe congestion and junk in her lungs. Luckily we took her in before it developed into something worse. She had to have a nebulizer treatment at the doctors office and have her oxygen levels monitored until they were high enough to send us home. We are so grateful that she was able to get them up and we didn't have to make a trip to the hospital. Now I have the task of giving her nebulizer treatments at home until she is better.

First I let Ryeligh inspect the mask:



Then she decided to swing it around by the strap:


Then she had to "taste" it ;) :



After all that, she is now acquainted with the cute little elephant mask! Don't worry, I didn't let her break anything! The good news is that now the neb is familiar to her and not just some scary thing they made her do at the doctors office! She did AWESOME with her first treatment! Now we just hope they all go that well!

11 comments:

Becky said...

She still such a smily girl even when feeling bad. I hope she's better real soon!

KRISTIE said...

aww, i am sorry your cute little girl is sick :( but those are great shots! I hope she feels better soon!

Sharon said...

That stinks that she is sick. She looks pretty happy as she usually does. ;)

For Over 29 Years... said...

Well she certainly doesn't look sick, I love how you captured these. And I'm so glad that she's not seriously sick.

Margaret said...

She looks so adorable even when she's sick. My sister has to give her kids those treatments a lot because they have asthma. Hope she feels better soon!

Angela2932 said...

She is such a sweetie! I love her smile and her spirit! How cool that they have faces on the masks now! You are such a good mom to her, knowing to let her get all familiar and comfortable with the treatment!

Lori said...

What a doll!!!

Suzy said...

Awww I'm so sorry to hear she's not feeling well. My kiddo's have had more of those treatments than I care to think about. At least it doesn't seem to bother cute little Riley to much. LOL at her tasting it, she's adorable!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Awww she is even smiling so sweetly for you. Sorry she is sick I hate those neb. treatments.

pat said...

Kristen, I hope Ryleigh is doing better and that the neb treatments are working! Love this series of shots; even when she doesn't feel well she looks like a little ray of sunshine. The one where she is tasting the mask is a hoot!

Barb Ray said...

Poor little Ryleigh! I'm glad her counts are up and that she is getting used to the little elephant. Lastly...I sent you the flash drive today!!!